For the Love of Romance has been an idea growing in my mind for about 6 months. I am addicted to romance novels and since my family calls them “trash” and my friends don’t read them I wanted a place where I could go and share my thoughts with other avid readers. I needed a place where I could express myself but I also wanted a place where others could come share their thought and ideas. So, please make yourself at home here.
So, now I’m sure you’re all wondering just what is going on here at For the Love of Romance so let me tell you what you’re going to get from me and my fabulous blog. There will be discussions about books, movies and TV shows along with book reviews and my obsessions of the moment. Right now it’s Camelot on Starz. Oh, and pictures of hot guys.
Now, besides my love of romance novels I thought I would give you 5 interesting facts about myself that way you know just who you’re dealing with.
Five Fun Facts about Jamie
5. Yes, I listen to the Spice Girls and no I will not apologize. Go ahead, judge me.
4. I am terrified of birds. Yes, all birds. Pigeons, ducks, chickens, sparrows. I will scream and I will cause a scene if a bird gets too close.
3. I am addicted to Sonic’s Cherry Limeade. It’s getting to the point where I may have to go to Limeade’s Anonymous.
2. I changed my major 3 times in college… and I’m working on what I want to be when I grow up.
1. I have never read Pride & Prejudice *gasp* But I have seen movie and the BBC version (Hello Mr. Firth) Maybe one day I’ll actually get the chance to read it.
I want to thank the fabulous Beverley Kendall, author and the mastermind of the super fabulous The Season for Romance for giving me a chance to hone my book reviewing skills. She gave me a chance and for that I am so grateful cause she helped me find my voice. Also, I want to thank the fabulously talented Ashley March for helping name my blog. And my Twitter gals Kati, Rita and Vicky for giving me the push to get this up and going! Mwah!
Stay tuned friends’ cause I have some fun stuff planned! And, in case you need further reason to come back, Monday’s will be known as Man Candy Monday. Yes, pictures of hot guys, what more could you ask for. Man Candy Monday started on Twitter so feel free to join me over there.